As a yogi, one of the most common questions I get almost weekly is on how to center ones self before class. I get it. Life is busy. As women, we often keep even busier. If only there was a magic potion that we applied to help us be in the present, focus, and breath. While this isn’t magic, (quite), here are ten ways in which I center myself before yoga class.
- Eat healthy the day before and day of yoga practice.
- Play relaxing music.
- Light a candle.
- Burn incense.
- Find breath. (inhale through nose and exhale through nose)
- Never buy into procrastination.
- Ground ones self by finding feet. Where feet are is where mind should be too.
- Spray or diffuse essential oil.
- Lay on mat, pull knees into chest, bring knees to the right and then to the left.
- Sit cross legged, close eyes, and set an intention for practice.
Peace & Love ~ Sybil