I’ve got a secret.
It is in the form of a recipe passed down in my family for many years now. For years I have kept this recipe for family eyes only. But as I have grown on my journey with yoga and have focused so much on transparency in so many areas of my life, I want you to share in my passion for so many things – including food and nutrition. This is a recipe for Spinach Casserole, crafted with love by women who came before me. It began at the hands of my great-grandmother, Celia, for whom my daughter is now named. For years, my great-grandmother, grandmother, mom, and I have mingled among the kitchen together over this very recipe sharing laughs, conversation, and more. It will be the best spinach casserole you’ve ever tasted.
It is natural. It is healthy. It is made with love.
Great Grandma Celia’s Spinach Casserole Recipe
4 packs of frozen chopped spinach
1 pound muenster cheese
3 large yellow onions
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper
- Chop onions and cook on medium heat in oil until caramelized and set aside to cool. Add extra oil if needed so onions don’t burn.
- In a large pot, defrost spinach on low heat. Drain and set aside.
- Grate muenster cheese, leaving 1 cup aside and add to spinach.
- Add beaten eggs to spinach and cheese.
- Once onions have cooled, add them to spinach, cheese, and egg mixture
- Add salt and pepper to taste.7
- Put mixture in 9×13 ungreased casserole dish and sprinkle extra cheese on top.8
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- ENJOY surrounded by family and let me know what you think in the comments below!
With Love and Peace,